Improve your ENGLISH !!! (Давайте совершенствовать английский) - Страница 220 - Littleone 2009-2012

Вернуться   Littleone 2009-2012 > Клуб Питерских (и не только) Родителей > Клуб по интересам

Добавить сообщение

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 06.12.2010, 21:17
ответ для Игривый оценщик , на сообщение « Improve your ENGLISH !!! (Давайте... »
Олька2009
Участник

Hello!!!
Can you recommend me any audio courses English? Unfortunately, I haven't enought free time for learning because of my little daughter, so I can just listen to it and doing household chores at the same time.
Thanks in advance
Олька2009 is offline   Цитировать ·
Старый 10.12.2010, 18:53
ответ для Игривый оценщик , на сообщение « Improve your ENGLISH !!! (Давайте... »
Тасияра
Старожил

some more text
So, here Eric an’ Zully are trying to get rid off the weeds. That’s why Z says ‘they’ve picked them meaning that they have taken them out of the ground. They’ve also prepared the soil. ‘Soil’, as I mentioned earlier, is another name for dirt or earth, it’s what you put the seeds into by planting them.
‘To dig’ means to make a hole in the earth to… usually put something in there.
The past tense of dig is dug. Dig has other meanings which you can find in our learning guide.
‘Seeds’ we’ve already mentioned also are a small part of the plant that has all of the necessary genetic information to reproduce or to make a new plant or a new tree. A ‘hole’ you, probably, know as an aria with nothing in it, surrounded by something else. You can have a hole in the wall. You have the wall but then you have a circle let’s say that has nothing in it, there’s no wall. That’s your hole.
So, Z. says they’ve already picked the weeds, prepared the soil an’ done the holes for the new seeds an’ flowers.
I’m taking the flowers out of their pots now. An’ I’ll have them in the ground in a minute.
A ‘pot’ is usually a round small container like a small bucket that you put soil into, dirt into. An’ you can grow plant in this little pot an’ you can move the pot from one part of the house to another.
In this case Z.’s planting flowers that are in small pots. She will take them out of the pots an’ put them in the ground in the garden, so they can grow bigger. After putting the flowers in the ground she says that all we have left to do is
to plant the new tree. The word ‘left’ here is not the opposite of ‘right’. ‘Left’ here means ‘remaining’ or still available. For example, if you have five cookies an’ you eat two of the cookies, I can ask you, ‘How many cookies do you have left? How many are remaining? An’ the answer, of course, is one... 
So, Z. is saying they’ve almost finished an’ tells E. to keep digging, keep taking dirt out of the ground, making holes so they can plant the flowers. E. says ‘are you sure the hole needs to be this deep?’. To be deep means to be below the surface, going far below something.
If you die an’ they burry your body they will dig a deep grave. A grave is a place where you put a dead body. The grave has to be deep, it has to be a hole that goes down far into the earth.
E. is asking Z. if the hole has to be very deep, this deep. Z. says ‘yes’. The book says that the roots need to have room to grow. The roots of the plant or tree are the parts of the plant or tree that are below the ground, that you can’t see. ‘To grow’ is when a living thing becomes bigger, older. Z. says they need this deep hole so that their roots have room to grow, have place to grow.
‘Direct sunlight’ – obviously, it is when sun like goes right on something. There’s nothing in between the subject an’ the sun.
‘To fall of’ means’ - they (*hands) are about to come off of his body, to leave or become disconnected of his body, cos’ it’s a joke.
Тасияра is offline   Цитировать ·
Старый 15.12.2010, 18:35
Восточная Сказка
Наш человек

Всем здравствуйте)))
А здесь только продвинутые пользователи?))

Я недавно начала изучать английский))Чтобы декрет не прошел без пользы))Занимаюсь с репетитором, недавно зарегистрировалась на сайте, еще и там разные упражнения делаю и пытаюсь общаться...для меня самая главная проблема, - это то, что я не воспринимаю на слух, пока я пытаюсь понять хотя бы пару слов в сказанном предложении, уже целая речь прошла)))Но я стараюсь справиться с этим))
Восточная Сказка is offline   Цитировать ·
Старый 16.12.2010, 01:16
Тасияра
Старожил

welcome!
Старый 17.12.2010, 12:51
ответ для Тасияра , на сообщение « welcome! »
Gasperina
Старожил

I'm back again!))))
Was in a hospital with one of my kids for a week and a half ((( Sad story with a happy ending)))

I see you haven't done much since )))

So, Тасияра, what topic shall we script this time?
Старый 17.12.2010, 13:15
Тасияра
Старожил

glad to hear good news.
was busy, sorry.

any topic
just tell me, which one, pls.
Старый 17.12.2010, 13:58
ответ для Gasperina , на сообщение « I'm back again!)))) Was in a hospital... »
Gasperina
Старожил

The same))) Cheers)))

Let's do Podcast 643 – Liberal and Conservative News
Your part - first half ))) I'll do the rest)
Старый 17.12.2010, 15:36
Тасияра
Старожил

OK.
if i'm at home, i'll listen to it tonight.
Старый 17.12.2010, 23:47
Мрия
Наш человек

а раньше можно было скачать звуковую дорожку бесплатно с eslpod.com
у меня сохранились эти копии на некоторые подкасты..
Мрия is offline   Цитировать ·
Старый 18.12.2010, 00:48
Восточная Сказка
Наш человек

Hi)))

А кто еще общается на сайте http://www.busuu.com/ru/home ? Добавляйтесь в друзья))Я Клубничная Маргарита.
Восточная Сказка is offline   Цитировать ·

Добавить сообщение